Monday, June 18, 2007

A Horrid Realisation

The thought had been creeping up on me for a while. However, as always, I talked over the little voice in my head with something far more entertaining... the thought of beer!

Now, though, I cannot ignore the small whimperings any longer.

I. Am. FAT.

Fat, I tell you.

As porky as an overfed pig.

It ain't pretty. The saddlesacks have sagged nearly to my knees and my undulating bum resembles cottage cheese so much that I fear arrest each time I step into a supermarket.

Once again, it is time to take action against my unruly wobbly bits.

My bike which had lain so forlornly for months with a busted inner tube was fixed by my indolent self. With a quick dust of the handlebars and water bottle located from somewhere deep within the caverns of the kitchen cupboard I swung my leg over the seat and hopped on.

Someone has obviously been at my saddle though. I don't remember it being so pointy and so damned uncomfortable last time.

I pushed on, encouraged by the memories of when I would cycle to work before we lived in our present house. As I peddled faster I thought of all the gorgeous places I would cycle past by the river.

Places like this....



and this....




This ride was different. I was not expecting to be scared shitless at the imposing derelict power station.




It looks so eerie that you could be forgiven for thinking that nothing good could ever happen there. Like a building dementor



You also wouldn't have thought to cycle down stretches of road with massive pylons where creepy looking men drive ever so slowly past you and then park up fifty metres away. (I pegged it so fast past him that he wouldn't have stood a chance!)




Or part way round the coastal path, you wouldn't expect to cycle past a cattle station where in days gone by the cattle ships would offload their animals onto the beach.



Or to realise the reason CY O'Connor Beach is named as such is because this was the place that the infamous engineer decided to blow his brains out while out riding his horse.

Or that there is a statue erected and partially submerged in honour of his brilliance?!



But as I cycled into Fremantle I realised that it would be worth the eerieness and general decay of the surroundings as I would be fit once more. This body that belongs, so obviously to someone else and not to me will be banished for once and all.



Plus the view when you get there is a bit nice!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had this horrid realisation a while back!! Hence the 2 kg drop in weight!! Although I always seem to put on weight after a night out with you and that little beer voice. Would you like to join me in a yoga/pilates evening with no beer!! I would like to drop at least 10 kg I what in those size 8 trousers once more, even if it kills me!!
Welcome to the quest of the body beautiful, its a bitch, it is the reason Kate Moss does coke and does not drink pints. However, I think I would rather be a chunky monkey then wake up one morning to realise I was shagging a dirty old tramp, oh yes all Pete needs is a trolly full of old shite and the look would be complete!
Joe

Anonymous said...

forgot to say that power station was it on an episode of scoopy doo? It was the scary arsed care taker if it was!!
Please be careful and don't run over any pesky kids on your bike!

shazza said...

hey you! wot do you mean fat!!! dont be bloody stupid. you are gorgeous as always!!! if i find out where the 10kg i lost went i will share the secret!!!! although i think its stress!!! watch it all come riding back now that i have my visas and house!!!!

Sparkle said...

my baby girl is beautiful and she isn't fat don't believe her she is always her worst critic.

Love you sweetheart
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

J.J said...

But we all saw the photos of you just a montha go so we KNOW you are not fat!

However, good luck with the getting fit again stuff.

Anonymous said...

God, I'm like sooo sorry? You are so like beautiful and stuff!! I am like soo awful!
Love me
Joe
PS I am still a hippo and will be attending a fat melting yoga class if you are interested!
PPS Sparkle you are the most fab person in the world, if I say I'm fat my mum agrees with me!!
PPPS Do you want to go dancing after Thursday class?

Holly said...

I'm with JJ! I saw you a month ago...crazy girl - def no fat!

Reidski said...

Wow, those pics are gorgeous ... fat girl ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good morning my little chunky monkey!
Last night rocked, you missed a very good band and some quality lindy hop!! (yep, I am officially that sad). Although I don't know if that dance floor had the structural capacity to take your lardy cottage cheese arse!!!
Also, question for all the other commentors on this page. Why can you not be beautiful and fat? I mean the rolly pollies were gorgous fat chicks who could tap!?
Love me
Joe
PS I love your lardy arse!!! It matches mine and makes for a soft landing when falling over after the consumption of too much vino!

Nat said...

Joe, you didn't mention the walrus!

Sorry I didn't go out last night. It was far too wet and cold out there.

Shaz, Ta love. I'm not going to stress myself so I can lose weight. I'll just go down the normal route. I'll take up smoking or become bulimic or addicted to amphetamines or something!

Mama, you would never tell me that I'm fat. That's why I have scales. They don't love me the way you do!

JJ, There were no photos that could fit my gargantuan arse into the whole frame!

The fit thing was going so well but now it seems we're getting a whole years worth of rain in just a few days. The bike will be put on hold until the sun comes out again.

Moo, but you'd never met me before. Honestly if you thought I wasn't fat last month then a couple of years ago you would have thought I was an Olsen twin!

Reidski, Ta love. I like fat girl. Can we keep it?

Joe, you CAN be beautiful and fat. That Michelle McManus was a fine looking bird!

Sparkle said...

Baby girl what is it with all this I am fat thing? You are not fat and never will be cast your mind back to the days when your dance teacher was so concerned as he thought you were anorexic. You were so skinny and bony it didn't become you. You are so beautiful inside and out and not fat at all.I love you my darling and miss you so much big hugs coming over to you right now and I wish I could be there to administer them. To the best fairy princess any mother could have ever wished for. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I THINK YOU ARE A HIPPO!!!!
YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS AND I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!!!







ps! love me, sushi??

Nat said...

Hippo?

Yes.

Sushi?

Bloody Oath!