Saturday, January 14, 2006

Seven Things...

Just Jane, I accept your 'sort of' challenge (it's been a slow week!!) Have added one more section though!:

Seven things to do before I die...
  1. Learn to play more than the five chords I can, on the guitar (hey F was a pretty tricky one to learn I think you'll find!)
  2. See the Angel Falls in Venuezuala
  3. Eat an unknown animal body part from a foreign market food stall. And not care!
  4. Learn to scubadive without fear of seaweed or sea monsters
  5. Gate crash a C list celebs party!
  6. Travel around and through Oz driving a beat up camper van with seventies floral curtains and sofa cushions
  7. Learn more useless sentances in foreign languages. Today I learnt 'Hujan di luen?'. Is it raining? Malay. Not a necessary sentence in Perth! (Previous learning: Awak nak lihad saya punya anak anjing!! Saya ada kupu kupu delam perut kami!)

Seven things I cannot do...

  1. Leapfrog (Nic, do you remember when we were ten, Mr Carwithin stopping gym class to let everyone in our class watch us not leapfrog over each other? And to think I liked him..)
  2. Say no to alcohol (last night was testimount to this. Four pints and still to cycle home...)
  3. Cook (except scrambled eggs and thai curries)
  4. Not get distracted by the tv. If it's on then you may as well say goodbye to any conversation
  5. Multi task
  6. Leave work on time!
  7. Dive head first

Seven things that attracts me to blogging...

  1. Being able to get away with not emailing my mates every day. (I just cannot do the whole global email thing so this way people can read about me if they want and ignore me when they are fed up with me!)
  2. Reading about other peoples exciting lives. This gives you access to those people who would never had crossed your path otherwise.
  3. Pretending that I have an avid reader fanbase! (I also own a hairbrush for those 'I am the next Madonna' moments!)
  4. Having a record of my first months in this new and often weird land. In years to come I'll be able to look back and remember how I used to freak out at having to walk outside without shoes on (what about the spiders?) and sunbathing in the wintertime!
  5. Meeting new people through the wonder of the web
  6. Not sitting in front of the telly being forced to watch Iron chef on a Saturday night!
  7. Flicking through those really boring sites whilst smugly allowing yourself to think that at least yours isn't all about your genius talented satan loving child!

Seven things I say most...

  1. That mings like a cheap vase (urgh, tha's disgusding, loike)
  2. A mouth like gandhi's flipflop (quick somone gizzus a drink)
  3. Aye she's a right mink (She's not a very nice young lady that one)
  4. Thats the badger (Thats the bastard there)
  5. No, but (in all reality, I promise. Vicky Pollard stole that from me.....unfortunately)
  6. Now you're working my tits (am getting slightly exasperated with you now)
  7. Classy bird (what an upmarket elegant lady)

Seven things you don't know about me...

  1. As well as seaweed I'm also scared of: the dark, ghosts, wasps, dying, wurzel gummidge, growing up, tongues, Stephen King novels, cockroaches, penile implants (don't, they are flippin' scary!), the red lips from Rocky Horror and my ceiling caving in on me!
  2. I regularly jump around on my bed (alone, I might add!) pretending to be a pop star on Top of the Pops.
  3. I am forever rewriting scenes in my head. Scenes where I actually have the balls to fight back against someone who has said something nasty to me. In these scenes I am confident, authoritative but witty and manage to put the offender down to the applause of the crowd!
  4. I'm still shit scared of becoming one of those smug settled down types that can only think about bringing children into the world and the life revolved around the rearing of said sproglets.
  5. I bite the inside of my lip when stressed or upset.
  6. I live in fear of 'being taken into the office'
  7. I love chocolate but hate chocolate icecream

Seven films and TV programmes I could watch over and over again...

  1. Green Wing (even better the second time round. It's on over here now!)
  2. Shaun of the Dead
  3. Pretty Woman
  4. Charlies Angels
  5. Truly Madly Deeply
  6. Tank Girl
  7. Kath and Kim

Seven Books I love...

  1. The Woman Who Walked into Doors Roddy Doyle
  2. Divas Las Vegas Belinda Jones
  3. Are You Dave Gorman? Dave Gorman
  4. The Time Travellers Wife Audrey Niffenegger (My absolute favourite!)
  5. Fierce Invalids Home From Hot Climates Tom Robbins
  6. Anything by Roald Dahl
  7. Angels and Demons Dan Brown

People I would like to tag...

(should be seven but I don't know seven people that blog!) So...........

Hazel and Chris, you're next!

However I would like to see these people post theirs in the comments area: Shaz, Hols, Sparkle, Becks, Ali G, Rhonda/Chuz.

15 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Why wait for that day to play the guitar. Why not now? I'm sure if you try you'll be good at it.
At least you can cook even if its only scrambled eggs but it's still cooking.
Hello! Was just browsing when I found your site. Am linking your site to mine. Come visit and sign my guestmap.

Spunky Trunks said...

fridays's child is full of cheese!

(or is it woe?)

Hmmmm

Nice earrings.

Will try and do my sevens Natterjack

xx

H x said...

7 Things to do before I die

Take a holiday that’s at least 2 months long
Own a yellow mini with black stripes
Have a mollucan cockatoo (that gets on with the dogs)
Visit as many countries as possible (to be fair haven’t done all that bad so far but there are so many!)
Dance (properly!!!)
Marry a v rich man
Write a novel


7 Things I cannot do

Run
Sing
Be tidy
Walk in high heels
Mental arithmetic
Roll my R’s
Drink anyone under the table


7 Things that attract me to blogging

Belle
Belle
Belle
Belle
It’s the first ‘diary’ I’ve ever had
Not knowing who’s reading it
The anonymity (ish!)


7 Things you don’t know about me

I might ‘love all animals’ but I can’t stand earwigs
I pull out strands of my hair and then twirl them round my tongue like spaghetti (?!)
There is a bit of a web between my second and third toes (!!!)
I have nightmares every single night; very often more than one a night
My belly button’s not an outy but it’s not an inny either
I can dislocate both of my thumbs at will
I was a cat in a previous life


7 Films and TV progs I could watch over and over again
Easy!!!

Moonlighting
X files
Press Gang
Buffy
Pretty Woman
Breakfast at Tiffanys
Any animal program/series with David Attenborough

Books TBA but i want to go watch Friends and Crocodiles

H x

H x said...

Just so you know, the marrying a rich man thing was actually M's suggestion. So i don't have to feel guilty.

Do i???

Nat said...

H: Fab.

Spaghetti? ergh you're as disgusting as me. At least I just pull my hair out in the shower and slap it against the wall! (I like to twirl it around and create a huge clump of wet hair and admire just how much I pulled out that time!)

Need your book list though. You recommended 'The Time Travellers Wife' and it was totally awesome. I read The Absence of Nectar this week. Not bad but was a bit scary and made me dream of psychopaths, falling in roofs and dying under rubble!

...(I should have mentioned Belle too....arse!)

Thank you bird. Insightful and endearing! Love you! N xx

Nat said...

H PS Could have guessed the first five of your fave tv/film things!

We've known each other too long I guess!

My first memory of you is of you describing in perfect detail the mystery of Bruce and Cybill in Moonlighting!

Nat said...

What is Friends and crocodiles?

Am I missing something huge in the UK?

...apart from Celebrity big Brother!

Holly said...

Here are my 7's...

7 things to do before i die
** Travel the world and explore Timbuktu
** Have my way with Robbie Williams...I'm seeing him in September, wish me luck!!
** Overcome my fear of spiders (I blame my mother for this, every winter she used to make me go spider hunting with her and then kill any we found, funnily enough they never appear when you look for them!!)
** Give up smoking...an awful habit which I aim to give up this year
** Have children...at some point in my life
** Live abroad, I lived in France for 6 weeks when I was 17 and it was fab
** Finally...run away to Slovenia with Chris!!

7 things I cannot do
** Be decisive, my ability to make decisions is ridiculous! I'm one of the most ficcle people I know!
** Keep new years resolutions that is why I dont make any!
** The ability to talk when completely peesed, maybe this skill will come later in life!
** Say no to another drink...it is impossible to just have 1 drink, I mean what is the point!?
** Be tidy, I just cannot keep anything Tidy...sorry Sparkle I know I'm always giving you hard time about your drawers!!
** Be on time... I dont know why but I just seem to be late for everything, its not in my nature to be ontime!
** Lie...I go red when I lie. I once tried to lie my way out of a disciplinary, well not lie but I bent the truth - not that it helped they still gave me a disciplinary!

7 things that attract me to blogging
Seeing as I dont have a blogger, it is courtesy of Sparkle that I'm now addicted to it
** Meeting new people
** Makes the day go quicker
** Reading about other people's lives is interesting
** Curious about other people's lives
** Its a fab way to keep in touch with people
(sorry cannot think of anymore!)

7 things you dont know about me
** I'm afraid of the dark
** I'm shy although I hide this well!
** I'm completely scatty
** I have green fingers, I dont have a garden but I was nearly reported for having all my plants on the fire escape because it was a fire hazard, oops!
** My best friend is my bed, noone can compete
** I'm obsessed with knitting, I'm gonna start selling my scarves on Ebay!
** I buy a new bag almost every week, I could open my own bag shop!

7 films/tv programmes i could watch over and over
** ER George Clooney drool drool - addicted ever since!
** Reality TV programmes - sad but true, this years celeb big bro is hilarious!
** Sound of Music
** Robin Hood, Prince of thieves
** Alfie (the original is much better)
** Last of the Mohicans

7 books I love
** Harry Potter - JK Rowling
** Memoirs of a geisha - Arthur Golden (lets hope the film is as good as the book)
** Anything by Danielle steel...I'm a hopeless romantic
** The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold
** The magic Faraway Tree - Enid Blyton
** Anything by Freya North
** The Twits - Roald Dahl

There are my 7's!!

Holly said...

Nat,
the celeb big bro this year is soo funny, michael barrymore who has proved is a complete loony and needs sectioning, Jodie marsh (now evicted) complete muppet and stirred it up in the house. Dennis Rodman complete rampant mofo, Traci someone ... I hear you - who!? Chantelle - a non celebrity who convinced them all at beginning she was! Some guys from bands I've never heard of. George Galloway and Pete Burns pair of cunning gits together. Rula cant pronounce her surname, married to pete waterman - complete sweetie and the woman who caused scandal by sleeping with Sven - Faria someone. If you need any info, will gladly let you know, I am addicted to it!!

H x said...

Friends and Crocodiles was a drama that was on on Sunday night. And everyone at work it amazed that i watched it instead of the sci-fi Invasion thing that was on C$ or ITV at the same time. Still, i'm also watching Threshoild (another alien series)on Sky One and i have a feeling Invasion is pretty much similar so i guess it doesn't matter.

Friends And Crocodiles was ok. M actually liked it (!) but the ending was a little non event-y. It was about two friends/business partners and their extremely fractious relationship over 30 years. Oddly compelling. I liked the fact that they never jumped in to bed with each other. That would have been too obvious.

Desperate Housewives is back on Weds! Yey!!! Cold case has also started again (VG) and i've just started watching a new series called Bones about an FBI agent (David Boreanez) and a forensic anthropologist. First episode wasn't overly enthralling but we shall see.

So that's my TV watching for the week! Thinking about watching the new series of Charmed but it's probably not a a good idea to get hooked on something else.

The only other thing i'm desperate for is the new series of Grey's Anatomy. I have a bet on with M that Derek is going to decide to be with his wife and not Meredith. I know how these evil TV writers think!

Nat said...

Moo: Ta luv.

I gave the lovely bones to my mum after I read it. It's prob still in her cupboard. Harrass her to read it cos it is the loveliest book I've read in ages. You have to read the time travellers wife. its gorgeous. I read it in a hot tub overlooking a lake in SW OZ!

Also really love the twits and the magic faraway tree. I loved the fact that adventures came to you in the MFT rather than having to travel miles to find them! And I loved the sweets they ate too!

Keep me up to date on the Celeb Big Bro. Especially Preston from Ordinary Boys. I love the Ordinary Boys. They are so fab. Shaz is sending me the second cd and their first is my cycling cd!

H, David Boreanaz?????? When will that get to OZ? Flipping brilliant. Is he brooding and sexy? Am waiting for Desperate Hoosewifies too. Not getting here til Feb but House is back on next week I think! Yippeee

shazza said...

7 things to do before i die?
finally manage to move to oz!!!!!!!!!
1.have wild rampant sex with someone who is NOT my husband!!!
2.get out of bed and not want to instantly rush back into it!!
3.have sex on the beach with the waves crashing over us!!(its too bloody cold in aberdeen!)
4.go to another festival with nat and have the guts to get wrecked on illegal substances.
5.wean myself off the mobile phone!
6.get a boob reduction
7.put the kids up for adoption(only joking!)
7 things i cant do.
1.stop texting
2.stop smoking
3.stop drinking
4.run without getting two black eyes
5.stop nagging the kids to tidy their rooms
6.go to work and actually not moan!
7.sleeping during the day

attraction to blogging
1. cos i am a nosey bitch
2. cos my life is so sad i need to hear about others.
3. nat
4. nat
5. nat
6. nat
7. eh nat!

things people dont know about me
1. am really shy but come across bolshy to cover it up
2. cry at neighbours/home and away
3. my natural hair colour.
4. that i really do love my kids and husband
5. am attracted to gingers!!!!
6. would like another baby
7. i dont know!!!!!!!!!!

tv and films
1. home and away
2. neighbours
3. any thing remotely medical
4. love actually
5. the green mile
6. armaggedon
7. the omen/exorcist etc

books
1. the da vinci code
2. anything by patricia cornwell
3. anything by quintine jardine
3. anything by ian rankin
4. anything by james patterson
5. anything by james herbert
6. anything by kathy reichs
7. out of the dark by linda caine and robin royston.

think thats about it! boring i know but there you go!

Nat said...

Shaz: Rampant sex? Get Michael over here! I'll baby sit and lend you my car. ...As long as you don't soil my back seat!!

Still think you should go to Cruden Bay. Bloody beautiful. Pink sand, crashing waves. Painfully cold ears, freezing limbs. What more could you want?

No really it's gorgeous. GO. GO
NOW!

Festivals? Lets do it! May need some berocca and paracetamol but am sure we need to have some weird crazy moments.

Crying at Aussie soapies?: Don't watch it in a couple of months time. Paul Robbo gets strangled and Summer Bay gets washed away by a cyclone!

Everyone knows that you love your hubbie and kids.
....really. They are flipping cool though!

A BABY? No! Not ever! Not whilst you are trying to move here and alleviate my boredom! Wait til I want one?!?!

Bah

...aahh I see what chris meant about the 'lovely earrings' on Fridays Child. So tweeee. Aint it sweet!

And oh so sensible. Has anyone got some white ankle socks so I can cover up my tattoo?

Nat said...

Shaz: And where did the ginger thing come into it?

Will post a pic of Chris to remind you!?!?!

Holly said...

Ok Nat so tonights update on big bro...

Preston from Ordinary boys is sort of getting it on with the non celebrity Chantelle - major flirting going on, funny really as noone actually seems to know who he is, the only song I have heard of is Boys will be boys no others!

Pete Burns went on at big bro diary room telling them he wanted to go (all because of not having nicotine and coffee!) Then when they got nicotine and coffee I think he was re - evaluating his situation!! Now, Jimmy Saville was in on Sunday and he been doing a bit of fixing it - they all got some pamper stuff which they swapped for nicotine and coffee and a goody bag with a jim'll fix it tracksuit, bit of bling and medal - quite amusing really. Tonight I think they gonna tell us who up for eviction and then tomor is eveiction night with Davina!

I shall keep you posted!! I too am looking forward to desperado houseladies, shall be fabulous and new series of ER has started - woohoo I'm in heaven!!