Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Six Ft Hick


So as well as having Shazzas clan staying with us, Daves ex student Joe (female) has been swanning around Chateaux Natalie also. Joe has a job with Dave at the uni and I felt very guilty as three of her hangovers in her first week here can be directly attributed to me....I can be quite persuasive when it comes to alcohol.

It was the first Saturday night with both Shaz and Joe here and I had heard that Six Ft Hick were playing in Freo. Now I have only heard a few things about this band but all of them sounded A; dangerous and B; sexy.

We were powerless to resist!

As we selected our best going out shoes (converse trainers for I fear my 'lady shoe days' are long gone) and straightened my new stripy pink hair, I had my first belly wibble. It felt like a first date. Would I get an attack of the giggles at the most inopportune moment? Would I get away with pretending to be cool in front of actual cool people? Would I drunkenly dribble beer down my top and shame myself forever in the presence of a Hick?

As we filed into Mojos behind a group of pirates we checked each others teeth for lip-gloss. We grabbed a beer each and squealed at the big squishy sofas in the corner. Surely the Shaz, Joe and Nat camp for the evening? There were three bands on. The first one was a rock chick group and while I applaud women in rock, the bassist had obviously mitched off the personality lessons of the Rock Chick Degree. I think she may have been dead!

At around Ten Beers to Midnight We caught our first glimpse of Six Ft Hick and our ovaries collectively pinged. All thoughts of melting were soon forgotten as they thrashed their way onto the stage, started a fight in the mosh pit and smashed a massive glass ashtray against the second singers (Geoffro) forehead. The two singers stripped down to their delicious farm-boy honed washboard stomachs and launched into the best live rock that I'd heard in a while. Geoffro climbed over the rickety bar tables, drank my beer (He. Drank. MY. Beer.....swoon), monkey barred across the crowds heads towards the bar and flung himself around on the bar in between the barmen serving beers.

I've always had a thing about unhinged men!

The gig was amazing and I felt completely rejuvenated after seeing these gorgeous men perform. They were true professionals and so imagine my delight when I spotted the first singer Gentle Ben (?) standing not three feet away from me? Obviously I had to speak to him and tell him about my palpitations throughout his show and maybe take his hand and place it over my 'heart' to show him!

After me gushing 'You're in the band? You're in the band?' (I know, I've never been very good at being all nonchalant and cool when it comes to sexy men in real live rock bands) I asked him to say hello to Joe (Shaz was getting the next beers in) as she had just arrived from the UK. I vaguely remember asking him to give her a welcome kiss and so the gorgeous one swooped Joe into his arms and SNOGGED HER FACE OFF!




Lucky girl. Lucky, lucky girl...

9 comments:

Sparkle said...

Hoorah I bet you pee'd for England after that 24 hour long cup of tea. So glad you are back didn't realise how much I rely on my fix of what is going on in your life until I have had an 18 day break.
Love you loadsxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

H x said...

Oh my god! That sounds soooooooooooooooo much fun.

Must save up to come visit, must save up to come visit....

Miss you!

H xx

Holly said...

sounds like you had fun!! What a lucky girl S was too...he is rather handsome!!

Spunky Trunks said...

The top one looks like Bruce Springsteen.

I do worry aboot you Natterjack. You are the most starstruck person I know!

I would like to snog Susannah Hoffs though.

Nat said...

Ma, sorry about the delay. It's been very busy here and Dave keeps taking the computer to work! Will try and promise I won't leave it so long next time...

H, get saving. It was heaps of fun. We're off to see a another band tonight but this one is only a pub band I suspect.

I miss you too. Life will revert to normality next week as Shaz and co. are moving out tomorrow.

Moo, Was Joe who got snogged not Shazza. Shazza is married!! That wouldn't have gone down well!

Joe is a very lucky girl. What a welcome to Oz, eh?

Spunkster, a very good looking and full of pheremone emitting Bruce, maybe.

Starstruck? But I've never really met any real celebs.

Unless you count the guy from working lunch whos cherry we picked?!

Holly said...

well thats what i thought, i read it all wrong!! Lucky girl J was then, sorry Shazza!!

Reidski said...

Nat, been meaning to say that mates of mine who are in the best band in the world ever are touring Australia in August. 11th they play the Rosemount Hotel in North Perth - be there or .... be somewhere else. Tell the singer you know who sat behind him in chemistry classes in school, it'll freak him out!! Oh, band are called Trashcan Sinatras!

Nat said...

Moo, thats ok....just don't let Michael hear you saying that Shaz was snogging some gorgeous singer from a hot aussie band!

Reidski. Will be there. Can I pass him a note as if we were IN Chemistry class?

shazza said...

no it definately WASNT me who snogged the singer!!!!!!!!!!!! i am a good girl. i did however put the broken ashtray in my handbag for jo!!!! the only thing was that i kept forgetting that it was in there and every time i put my hand into get money/cigs i cut my bloody fingers!!!! the ashtray has been retired to the recycling bin but i still have the scars!!!! thanks jo!!!!