Monday, October 02, 2006

Gravity Won't Get You High...

Friday night watching The Grates perform.


Our gorgeous selves. Sober



More gorgeous selves. Tipsy



Even more gorgeous selves. Pissed!

(with an even more pissed boy in tow! Him and his sister were incredibly sweet)

And yes, I am very very sunburned. I forgot that the sun here can get you even if it is supposed to be only early spring!





Some chick who thought we were trying to flirt with her boyfriend until Joe told her (in her best Carry On voice) that she wasn't interested in her boyfriend (wink wink, ooh matron). The chick then proceeded to try and throw herself at Joe before flashing her boyfriend her boobs.

Everyone went home happy!





Sombrero wearing barman spanking non sombrero wearing barman. Why? We have no idea either.

Maybe we suggested it? That's usually the way we happen upon photos of people we don't know!




Oh my, Joesephina, aren't we attractive? Why I think I just want to kiss you..

It was the barmans suggestion. Honest. Why did it seem so reasonable at the time? "Hey Mr Barman, Can I take a piccy of you in a sombrero whilst you're slapping the arse of your mate?" "Of course, only if I can take a picture of you and your mate locking lips"!

See my dilemma?




Note To Self: Do not take diminuitive young bespectacled ladies post lung surgery into fierce mosh pits filled with sweaty pink boys with too much ear wax and who have a tendency to fling oversized pubescent gorrilla arms around as if one were playing helicopters as a five year old....

Sir, I have two words for you....BRUSH YOUR TEETH.



New Rules For Boats. Brilliant band. The fourth inappropriate cruch for the summer. I'm old enough to be the bassists mother (or the alcoholic older spinster sister of his mother, the one who dresses slutty and thinks she's all hip while asking after her neices and nephews sex lives causing no end of embarrassment in front of Great Grandma?!)



Man demonstrating lovely New Rules merchandise.



Another yummy pic of Benjamin the bass player...




And then the gorgeous and probably slightly deranged Patience charged onto the stage adorned in her best tutu and flailing a five metre ribbon behind her. She reminded me of how I used to dance in the 'alternative clubs' of Plymouth when I was eighteen! All stompy and hair everywhere.





Patience in her best party frock.

The Grates rocked. Shaz we missed you. Next time bird?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I may be a spectacle wearing post lung surgery girlie who really should have known better than to dive into a mosh pit not even 6 months post surgery!! I will never learn been in those pits since I was 14 years of age and could see no reason why I couldn't have a go now!! Oh, yeah that would be lung surgery!!! So, my point is I am not, have never been and can never see myself becoming diminutive!!! Young lady I have done and seen stuff that would turn your hair white and make a little bit of wee come out!!! SO THERE!!! (oh I look a bit chunky in those photos, damm lung!! Off the gym I go!! See still full of good ideas!! That will help the lung me going hell for leather on a rowing machine, such an idiot!)

Holly said...

Loving the a la sunburned look!!

Spunky Trunks said...

Nat, you still look well fit my love.

And respect to the moshers!

Nat said...

Joe, You are DIMINUITIVE. You're tiny. Like Koi-lie!

Glad we moshed like teens again. My feet are soo bruised though.

Mooo, you're just jealous cos the two week summer has left the building?

How's the new job? Exeter is v cool. You lucky thing.

Spunks, I only look fit for you, my love. Wanna come over and see for yourself?

Respect taken... we still have it!

Holly said...

Nat, you're right, extremely jealous!! Summer officially went about 2 months ago and now its time to get the ole wooleys out!!

Exeter is cool, but unfortunately the job is not...tres boring, I'm hoping it will get better when we actually start doing something!!

Anonymous said...

I am NOT diminutive, it means extremely or unusually small. I am not standing on a box in any of those photos and I come up higher than your armpitt so I am normal. Just because you are so bloody tall!! Not fair, if I was 2 inches taller I would have reached my full potential and be the president of the whole world!! We would have world peace, no one would be hungry and I would be the fairest in all the land!!

Sparkle said...

Hi Babes I am off to work in Londonderry for 8 weeks on Tuesday. I love you so much.
Sparkle
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Holly said...

U've been tagged!

H x said...

Natalie, natalie, natalie, are you ever going to update your blog again????!

Anonymous said...

Hullo Natalie (and the lesser spotted Dave),
so this is what a blog is eh. first time i ever looked at one - its similar to what i call a web page. yes, similar in some ways. different in others. like perth and aberdeen perhaps. aye, meebies. its very good though, unlike most web sites. its very late here, so early there, too late for me to think and to early for anyone to care, but hell, now i have blogged. i think. will my cyber adventures and derring do in the electronic hinterlands never end?
well i never. not ever. and the chances of this even being seen have just got a lot slimmer as i see i have to type a word whose letters are very difficult to see clearly. damn.
mick

Nat said...

Joe, Small, diminuitive, short arsed....all the same!!

Ma, Hope Ireland can cope with Sparkle Land?

Moo, Will be right over....after my supper of course. And ta.

H, I would but I'm sooo uninspired right now. I can't even think of a witty tale to regale you of and I believe there have been plebty of story worthy moments recently. Must. Try. Harder.

Mick, cheers for stopping by. Blog, webpage, potato, potato etc! When do you get here?