Thursday, March 08, 2007

Mouse 1, Team Spacca 0

Due to the hugely environmentally unfriendly carnage that is my new housing estate, a few fluffy natives have been rendered homeless.

I arrived home late one night to find three dozen mousetraps laid amongst the shagpile and coffee table books of our modern abode.
(ie: bits of off-cut carpet and fishing magazines!)



Dave: We've got a house guest.

Me: Really? You treat all your guests in this manner?

Dave: He's really scary though

Me: Tattoos? Bad mouse-tach?

Dave: It was very scary and it lunged at me!




So that was the beginning of the 'Three Week Seige of Beeliar'.

The little bugger managed to steal the cheese and avoided decapitation for three days. Upon his demise, he sent for back up.

We are seriously in trouble!

9 comments:

Spunky Trunks said...

Get a cat.

That's my advice.

Sparkle said...

Mmmmm... I'm thinking "bait" Davo.

H x said...

Nope, not a cat. Not only will they decimate the mice but all the nicer, non-house-invading local wildlife as well. Get a dog. A JR! You know you want to :)

It works. We've never seen hide nor hair of a mouse in our house!

Holly said...

Barstard mice, I had one in the flat and when I told my landlord he said if it re appears from the floorboards then let me know, I let him know alright, I moved out!

Nat said...

Sparks, I've passed your advice on and he's mulling it over. I've just heard him muttering something about pike?

H, I WANT a dog. We'll get one when I get back from Blighty.... and when we get a garden. We have dirt in the yard now instead of sand. Yippee.

Reidki, pigeons and mice, yep. Every other form of wildlife? Can we at least keep the fluffy ones?

I now have a mental image of you running around with a mud streaked on your face and a headband a la Rambo, stalking the pigeons of London!

Moo, probably the right thing to do. If a mouse can get in then so can the boogie-man!

Shazza, Nooooo. I thought I was living in a place where the snakes get them before they get to the house?

Spunky, I want a cat as long as I can call it Ethel!

A 5'8" squirrel? That's scarier than a wee mouse!

Spunky Trunks said...

Ethel is fine!

The big squirrel was terminated and fed a small Ecuadorian family of cleaners.

Happy ending.

Sparkle said...

Hey hey the mouse is dead the wicked mouse is dead. Well I bet he is back because you didn't kill him did you? Mice can climb up the bank and find their way back in again. I love you so much can't wait until your home. Love Sparkle.
p.s. I have got the day off that you come home so we will be there to meet you. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Holly said...

hey, your blogging is as frequent as mine!!

Nat said...

Moo, ta daaah!

Granted, am crap. Would resolve to blog more frequently but I just cannae be arsed!