Sunday, May 21, 2006

Knockers

And so my quest continues to find a hairdresser that A; listens to what I want, B; cuts my hair in a way that it will behave itself without excessive teasing or spikey gel spray and C; doesn't make me look like a spacca with a 'comb-over/Hitler' during the cut!

It started off well, we sat, chatted and she made a cracking cuppa for me. I then made two grave mistakes. The first one was to sigh and say 'oh I don't know, just cut off how ever much you want, I'm not precious about my hair'. The second was to let her con me into buying a 'hair conditioning treatment' and head massage.

So that is why I left the salon with a suspiciously tingly scalp and spine from the 'head tickle' and my once down to my waist hair now resembles Shakiras new do!

3 comments:

shazza said...

oh poor nat! as you know i had the same experience last year! my inch of the bottom turned into 6 inches!!! in hairdressers defence as they are predominantly female they dont know what an inch is!!! men have been lying about length since the dawn of time!!!! its taken more than a year and mine is still not back to where it was before it was so cruelly butchered!!!!

H x said...

Send us a piccy!

I've gone blonde. I _think_ it looks ok. M didn't even notice until i hinted heavily. Neither did people at work until 2 days afterwards.

And there was i panicking it was a little too obvious and possibly verging on the trashy side. Obviously not!

shazza said...

h i know what you mean. when i first got mine done it was like oh. my. god! what have i done!!!!!! i kind of like it now but still when i get my roots done i think its a little too blonde!