Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Seth Lakeman...My Husband!




My local hero Sethy babes Lakeman has just released his first single over yonder. I cannot buy it here in Oz as he has selfishly decided to not release any of his stuff down under.

Therefore I demand that YOU all go out and buy a copy of his new single, Lady of the Sea so that he'll have enough money to woo me, propose and bring me back to the UK for a deliciously decadent wedding set in the heart of Dartmoor (Dewerstone preferably) where we dance up a candlelit aisle dressed like nymphs and faeries from Twelfth Night in the manner of Tori Amos' wedding.

It took me three months and fifty dollars to get his new album over here and I really cannot be bothered waiting that long for a single of a song that I already have! So you lot have to keep his pockets filled with gold. I know, I'm a half arsed fan!

Seth, if you're reading this
(which of course he is..), I insist you tour in Oz. Oh, and can I be your ironing lady and come along for the ride? I don't actually iron though. Would this be a problem? I make a mean margarita if that helps?

If any of you are interested, his new album is called Freedom Fields and it is very very very good. I promise. I was also born in Freedom Fields and then went on to live there when I was a nursing student so it has extra special meaning for me.

...Oh and there is some sort of politicalness with it too as it was where they fought some battle for parlimentary democracy.

V important, you'll agree?




Seth Lakeman

6 comments:

Holly said...

I was born in Freedom Fields too!!

Anyway, I am def gonna marry Seth before you...turns out one of my friends knows his brother! I feel an introduction coming on.

Oh, and I love that song!

Anonymous said...

Okay this has nothing to do with Seth bla bla bla!!! I just want to know how I ended up with two e-mail addresses of American sailors, the phone number of a bus driving masseur called Wayne and spend at least half an hour taking dating advice from a man called Brad, a single 42 year old man drinking alone or with American sailors!!!! Nights out with Nat, never a dull moment!!!
Love me
Joe

Nat said...

Moo, can I get at least one Lakeman brother then? There are plenty to go around!

The album is brilliant. GET IT NOW!

Joe, Darlin' I've been pondering the same thing all morning...well since ten thirty as that was when I arose! How's work then this morning?

American sailors...the last true gentlemen of the world!

Ribbet said...

I made it to work on time, but I am a little worse for wear!!! Who is this Seth dude!!
Must dash so musch to do!!
Joe

VLM said...

Hi,

I'm from Oz too & I just thought I'd let you know you can buy his single & all his albums on iTunes. Saves money & saves the wait! Seth rocks....yummy.

Nat said...

Ta muchly VLM. Am just figuring out how to itunes stuff as I have my first ipod!

Am a very proud parent!