Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Wedding Belles


Part of my trip home was to attend the wedding of my gorgeous friends Jim and Kirsty. I simply had to see them get married as I was the one responsible for introducing them.

I am, in fact, Cilla. With smaller teeth. But with a singing style not dissimilar to the warbly one!

Kirsty had asked me to be part of the wedding by doing a reading during the service. The thought scared the hell out of me. However, after swigging pimms and lemonade from a orange flowery hipflask outside the church the thought of reading in front of an audience of thousands terrified me to the point of nausea.

My terrifically high stilettos now slipped around my heels as I perspired with nerves. As I walked to the front of the church clutching my ragged piece of paper my heels dragged across the flagstones like a ten year old playing dress up in her mums lady shoes.

I took my place at the front of the church and I started to read the piece entitled 'A Good Wedding Cake'. The reading is based on a recipe for wedded bliss. It therefore calls for 1lb of good looks....that is when the nerves took over and in a desperate bid to catch my breath and calm myself, I found myself pausing and then... winking at the groom!

I. Winked. At. The Groom.

Oh the horror. God should have struck me down right there and then.

Everyone thankfully laughed (probably at the look of shock on my face more than anything) and I was able to skulk back to my seat and skull the rest of my pimms with Ali!


Ali, Kirsty and the Public Speaking Idiot.

3 comments:

Holly said...

You winked at the groom!!! You saucy minx! Sparkle gave me the website with all the wedding piccies on, everyone looks absolutely gorgeous, yourself included hun! x

Unknown said...

Honey, you were fabulous! I liked the wink, it was fab .... I THINK it's been captured on video too .... must upload that to U-tube!

Thanks for an amazing reading and for coming to our day. It was awesome to see you again after so long. You're a love and a super-star (even if you did have minging sweaty feet ... you cheese meister)!

Groom (Jimbo)
P.S. Taa muchly for the bird too ;o)

Nat said...

Moo, did you see the pic that looked like I was telling scary pirate tales to Kirsty's grandma?

Jimbo, Thanks love. Just never make me do it again! My days in the public are well and truly over.

It was a gorgeous day and I'm am bursting with the thought that you two finally made it down the aisle.

How was the honeymoon? Did you come home without the showergel?