Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Parrots



This little old man gave us bird seed to feed the parrots with. He was a ranger in the National Park until his MS worsened forcing him to retire. He now spends most days in the park giving people the opportunity to feed the birds and experience them first hand.
I love little old men!!



Davo's new best friend. All he needs now is a wooden leg.



My greedy little buggers.



A la mode!



The red one is a rosella and the green one is a 28. When I asked Dave why they were called 28's he replied 'Because that's what you shoot them with'!

I hope he was joking!

3 comments:

shazza said...

nnnnnnnoooooooooooo!!!!!!!! the birds the birds!!!!!!!!!!!! dont trust them they are just lulling you into a false sense of security!!!! my biggest phobia! birds!!!!

H x said...

No Shazza, No! I know phobia of birds is common, but i've lived with various parrots, large and small, for more or less my entire life and i can say without a shadow of a doubt that they are the funniest, most attitude-full yet loving (and seriously intelligent!) little personalities on the planet.

But they do have memories like elephants so beware anyone who scares them or pisses them off, they never forget it!

Psittacines rule!

shazza said...

h, i wouldnt mind them if they didnt fly, its the flapping around my head that drives me crazy. i was attacked by our pet budgie when i was 4, it clawed and bit my ear, of course i was screaming at the time and it was flapping hense the phobia!!!