Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Rock It

Next week Dave and I are off for a lovely day trip to Joondalup Stadium to see these guys. They are jolly nice fellows that sing traditional and modern Christian tunes and always polish their shoes. We shall picnic on strawberries and drink bubbly whilst reclining on our blackwatch tartan rug..

....or maybe not!

The mini-festival is showcasing The Foofs (see above), Kaiser Chiefs, Oasis and many local Rrrrooock bands.

Am so exicted am nearly peeing myself with anticipation. I haven't been like this since Paul and I went to see Polly Jean last year in Cambridge.

Whats more is that Dave has managed to get us VIP tickets. His brother in law runs another stadium in Perth and they give each other VIP tickets as a friendly gesture. He has no interest in the many tattoos of Davey and his friends so he has given his tickets to us.

Am thinking that VIP means sitting on Dave Grohls lap whilst stroking his beard and interviewing him for position of pool boy in our mansion when it gets completed (sorry Spunky but you've just had too long to forward me your CV so Grohly wins!) Will probably drink one too many complimentary pimms and slip off his lap making Dave G save me from falling at his feet but unable to save himself from falling in love with me (I know, he's married. I can dream though). Of course it helps that my boys name is Dave too. It means I won't get caught mixing up their names! Dave M need never know about my elopement with the Grohl-meister.

However in reality, 'VIP tickets' probably just means that we can go through to another cordoned off area where there is another tiny bar and an extra toilet. I will be hanging out with executives, competition winners and fifteen year old girls who have sneaked in through the back thinking that it is an actual VIP Rock Star area!

...now I just have to figure out just what to wear. It's becoming unbearably hot here. Do you think it's in poor taste to shave my heid and turn up in a bikini?

4 comments:

H x said...

Heard him doing a telephone interview for one of the local radio stations on monday night on the way home from my jewellery class (with my Orlando-a-like tutor, who i have discovered, is 27, and is not married but does have a girlfriend called Sarah).

Anyway i digress, Davey G was the coolest most down to earth rock star i have ever heard an interview with. He also said that the only part of the bands 'rider' he ever consumes is the whiskey and the beer. So forget about buying nasty greasy and extortionately expensive food at the venue Nat, just sneak in to the Foo's dressing room and have yourself a picnic. That is after you have nicked his old undies to sell on eBay of course! ;o)

shazza said...

nat you are sooooooooooooooooooooo lucky! i am more than sooooooooooooooooo jealous!

Spunky Trunks said...

Bah!

I was waiting till I'd finished my Pool Boy City and Guilds!

All my hard work wasted.

Nat said...

H, I can't wait to find out if he is indeed the nicest man in rock like they all say. Will definately try and sneak in to steal his rider, underpants and maybe a photo. Have found out that VIP means free food and drink....this could get very messy!

Shazza, Next year bird it's you and me!!!

Spunky, Don't worry cos someone will need to fill in for Grohly when he's on tour or holidays. And you can play the guitar so you could fill in for Grohly on tour when I have worn him out!!