Friday, December 02, 2005

Cocktails for Christmas

  • It's our ward Christmas party next Saturday. Now in previous years the christmas party has been very child orientated with the sprogs of staff members running around someones house and the whole affair being of nice lazy afternoon type feel.

    Not this year.

    I want to make cocktails! Have persuaded another girl to join me in corrupting the guys from my ward. We are going to make a sign for our 'bar' and we will have an assortment of cocktail umbrellas, sparklers and swizzle sticks alongside the cocktail shaker, blender and bowls of frozen or inebriated fruit!

    So I need ideas from you all. I do have a cocktail manual but we are trying to make as many different cocktails from as few ingredients as possible!

    Ideas so far:
  • Tequila Sunrise
  • Margaritas with frozen raspberries
  • Sex on the beach
  • Pimms with fresh mint and strawberries
  • Champagne with brandy soaked strawberries
  • Bellinis
  • Tropical bellinis (guava juice instead of peach)

    Any others?

7 comments:

shazza said...

nat you need to make gin, midori and pineapple. dont know what its called but its luvvvverrrrly!!!!
now thats what i call a christmas party!!!

H x said...

Nat,

Found a website that'll give you cocktail recipes based on what ingredients you've got.

http://www.thatsthespirit.com/en/drinks/fridge.asp

Holly said...

What is nice is Kahlua, vodka and coke (black russian), yummy!!

Spunky Trunks said...

Tumbler full of vodka.

I think it's called a Bast**d.

I had several when I was 16 and lost control of my body.

I have a book here if you need more. You have to have B-52s though. Kahlua, Baileys and Grand Marnier in that order in layers.

They go down a treat. Although not sure you have those ingredients sorry.

Spunky Trunks said...

If you're doing a black russian get cream and do a white russian too for ethnic balance.

x

Njbtf - the flakey bits on top of Turkish sweets

H x said...

So then, how did it go? Did they all get terribly tipsy? :o)

Nat said...

I managed to entice a few people in with my cocktails but a lot were driving, including one nurse that insisted she was fine after three of my most lethal margaritas!

Her eyes were glazed and she was swaying but insisted that the drinks hadn't even got her remotely tipsy.

Liar!