Wednesday, February 22, 2006

'...They're dropping like flies'

Have you ever dragged your exercise bike into the sauna (set at 40.1 degrees) and blindly set the resistance levels to random, then jumped on aforementioned bike and attempted to cycle five miles whilst trying not to gag on the part boiled water from your microwaved water bottle?

Well it happened. 40 degrees hit Perth.

I don't like it....make it go away?!

By the time I got home, I had sweat dripping off my forehead and my lungs were suffering heat exhaustion. The hairs in my nostrils had been burned off by the heat waves bouncing off the tarmac and my eyeballs were unable to blink without flipping my whole eyelid inside out due to dryness. The heat had sucked every last drop of moisture from the air except from the sweat patches on my tshirt. I had tried to chase each pathetic flea fart of a breeze and failed to even remotely catch one whiff of wind.

They had warned me it was coming. 'Bring it on' I stated. Pah, what's a bit of hot weather, I thought. Better hot than icy cold and feeling that your toes had grown to double the size with the big freeze. Hot weather was good. We're not even in the tropics here. How hot could it be? People live on the equator for gods sake but you never see documentarys teeming with people complaining about the heat and sun.

So as I lie here on my bed under the air-con, wearing nothing but my spangly marks and sparks knickers and vest, contemplating laying in the garden and turning the sprinklers on (to hell with the water restrictions!), I find myself wondering...

'So what is wrong exactly, with frost, sleet and a little frostbite again?'

6 comments:

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

Back here in our Country we are now just coming in to hot days. February is still a little cold but nearing the end of the month it has been starting to be hot. Hate exercises too.

Holly said...

Man i cant think of being in that heat! I had trouble when it was 30 degress in Spain last year, yak!

Spunky Trunks said...

I thought Fridays child was a glamourous blonde mother.

Now she's a slightly asian looking child!!!

It beggars belief!

Wvqzw: Winged lizard a bit like a dragon that doesn't breathe fire. Loves Victory Vs.

Holly said...

Spunky have you been watching Harry Potter again!? x

J.J said...

How are minstrels in scorching heat?

I could not do 40 degrees...arggh.

Nat said...

Luckily, as people keep telling me, it's been the coldest summer in forty years so I haven't had to put up with too many scorchio days.

Minstrels fair well only when kept in refrigerated areas (as I found out). That's why the chocolate tastes odd here, they put preservatives in to stop it melting. However the preservatives also change the taste to one of edible plastic?!