Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Couple of Oysters, Beers and Dolphins



We went to the Oyster Bar on the beach again. It really is a hard life living in Perth. The flipping sun and warmth get everywhere and penetrate your bones until you're all squishy and relaxed! We had to try the Oysters so Dave came away from the bar with a huge plate of them.

I had only had oysters once before with a friend called James. That time, terrible things happened to James' 'down-belows' and I was grateful that he didn't mention it until I had gone home! Dave is obviously made of sterner more aussie stuff, but I am glad to report ..

HE HELD MY HAND IN PUBLIC!!!

Anyone who knows Davo will be as shocked as I and possibly standing at home in front of the screen applauding my expertise in man training! I have been with the old bugger for years and this behaviour has never before been witnessed (unfortunately the effects wear off pretty quickly) and I will obviously be looking to invest in an oyster farm or similar in the foreseeable future!

Anyway the oysters were quite lovely (once I got the person who kept insisting that eating oysters was 'like swallowing a big ball of snot', out of my head!) and the beer went down a treat.

On the way home I was just shouting ahead to Dave (we were on our bikes again) to watch out for dolphins when he screeched on his brakes and veered off the road to the riverbank. A couple of dolphins were making their way back down the river after a heavy days fishing and were lazily swimming in front of us.

I got my camera out and started snapping away like a papparazzi gone mad but being me, I managed to catch not one single photo of the bloody things (photo shows a dolphin almost in shot!).

So you'll have to take my word for it. They were flipping magical!

3 comments:

Nat said...

Steady on there Shazza. Lets not rush him. We've only been going out four years!

H x said...

What's good is, by the time he does actually propose i will have years to hone my jewellery-making skills and will finally be able to make you the perfect wedding ring :)

shazza said...

think you might have to wait for a leap year and do the asking yourself my dear! but the holding hand in public is totally progress!!