Thursday, March 09, 2006

Flipping Go Away You Heathen Aussie Scoundrels!

The battle between Australia and Britain wages on.

In the news tonight was a piece about how the UK has banned an Australian tourism ad for using bad and shocking language.

I shouldn't really be telling you this as I myself might get banned from blogging if I were to repeat such filth.

But I will anyway!

The ad starts off by showcasing all the usual suspects: Sydney Harbour Bridge, the Opera House, Uluru, a rainforest ya-de-ya-de-ya. Then it cuts to a young blonde girl in her bikini on the beach (yep, they all look good in bikinis here...unfortunately) where she shouts at the camera as it's panning away and up over the great barrier reef where she is...

'So where the bloody hell are you?'

Swears obviously not supported by the Editor (bloody oath it's not. Ed)

10 comments:

stig said...

Why is it that all the good adverts get banned??

Spunky Trunks said...

YOU CAN'T SAY 'BLOODY' IN ENGLAND!!!!!!!

Good work by the censors I say.

The correct wording is:

'Where the devil am I?'

Sparkle said...

This reminds me of when my sister in law and I were babysitting her two little Grandsons and we could hear over the baby monitor the elder one teaching the 2 year old to repeat after him say Bloody Hell, we nearly wet ourselves laughing, he was so persistent. Love ya Sparkle.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Nat said...

Stig: They are still living in 1950's Briton where women were housewives and men were shagging their butlers!

Spunky: Absolutely old chap. Fancy a game of croquet later?

Ma, kids repeat EVERYTHING. That's why I have none! I would be a terrible mother!

Reidski said...

And what exactly is wrong with me shagging my butler when I feel like it?

Nat said...

Nothing Reidski, as long as they're not repressed butlers!

J.J said...

Reidski said...
And what exactly is wrong with me shagging my butler when I feel like it?


How long have you got dear???

Reidski said...

Shit, I forgot that she looks in here ...

... I wasn't shagging him, he was simply curious about what happens in a gay relationship and I gave him an example. So teaching someone about love is now bad???????

And Jane, you know very well how long I have!

Apologies, nat, for taking the tone of your blog down a notch or two!

Spunky Trunks said...

Hey! I think you were delivering a valuable lesson:

Sometimes a butler can be a lover as well as a helper.

History is littered with them:
Jeeves and Wooster
Fry and Laurie
Little and Large
Cannon and Ball

And Nat, you bring the hoop I'll bring the mallet....

Hwoly - Pinky and Perky's concept of heaven

J.J said...

Spunky, when I get hold of Reidski I will deliver him a valuable lesson....if he's very lucky!