Wednesday, March 15, 2006

muzak

Ta Jane, I love doing these...

1, Track from your early childhood:

Michael Jackson, PYT.

I thought he was singing about a chimpanzee!

(It got played constantly in my mums car when my Dad was in hospital so it reminds me of the nurses that were there and subsequently, the first ward I worked on when I qualified as a nurse!)

......I left that buggering ward nine months after I qualified!

2, Track that you associate with your first love:

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Suck My Kiss.

For when I was in love with Mark Whalley at school. He didn't know I existed. I kissed him a few years later and it completely spoiled my fantasy. Totally wrong!

3, A track that reminds you of a holiday trip:

Stardust, Music Sounds Better With You

Mine and Alis annual pilgrimage to Ibiza back in the 90s. Sigh, the days of glitter and spangly boobtubes!

4, A track that you like but wouldn't want to be associated with in public:

Phil Collins, Don't Lose My Number

Has to be blamed on the night Shaz and I went to see a Phil Collins tribute act. He was fab although I think that only Shazza and I were dancing and singing along into our swizzle sticks!

Don't groan, he's fabulous!

5, A track that accompanied you when you were lovesick:

Happy Mondays, Step On.

As was crowd surfing with a gorgeous piece of manliness for the first time. When we got to the front of the crowd, the backing singer (that Rowetta bird from X Factor) tried to get him up on stage.

6, A track that you have listened to most often:

Richard Thompson, 1952, Vincent Black Lightning

Just perfect. Everyone listen. Next time he's here I'll see him.... I promise Richy!

7, A track that is your favourite instrumental

Aker Bilk, Stranger On The Shore

Reminds me of my Grandad

8, A track that represents one of your favourite bands

PJ Harvey, Sheela-na-gig.

I've seen her a few times and I always get that spine tingling feeling and the need to jump up and down like zebedee.

9, A track which represents yourself best

Travis, She's So Strange

It's the 'and she wore a black moustache'.... Don't ask!

10, A track which reminds you of a special occasion

Men at Work, Land Down Under.

They played it countless times at our 'leaving parties' (for we had two!!).

11, A track you can relax to

Gemma Hayes, Back Of My Hand

She's such a gorgeous songstress (in fact the whole of her first album can be found playing when I'm lounging on the hammock)

12, A track that stands for a really good time in your life

John Butler Trio, Zebra.

As am having the time of my life at the moment.

13, A track that is currently your favourite

T'Darkness. Put Your Arms Around Me.

Your dinner lady arms....!

14, A track that you'd dedicate to your best friend

I have three (am greedy I know!!)

Hazel: Robbie Williams, Come Undone (for the time when we went to Knebworth. I fell in love with Robbie all over again!)

Shaz: The Divinyls, I touch Myself (always played in Aberdeen venues when we were out, drunk and ready to party!)

Kirsty: Randy Crawford, Street Life (for all the Torquay nights out dancing on tables)


15, A track that you think nobody but you likes

Carina Round. Into My Blood

No one knows she exists but she is the best thing to come out of Birminham. Try her yourself! (Be warned, she may be a little screechy for refined tastes!)

16, A track you like especially for its lyrics

The Cure. Just Like Heaven.

Old Bob Smith wrote some classics.

17, A track you like thats neither English nor German

So I guess Schnappi is out then?

Cold Chisel, Khe Sahn

Should have been the Aussie national anthem. I can even play it on the guitar!

18, A track that lets you release tension best

PJ Harvey. Who The Fuck.

Especially when singing and air-guitaring whilst jumping up and down on your bed!

19 A track that you want to be played at your funeral

Tori Amos. Happy Phamtom

Or all of the above. Especially Who The Fuck cos I'd love to see anyone try and cry if that was playing!

20, A track that you'd nominate for 'the best of all times' category

Foo Fighters, Learn To Fly.

I've never been happier than when I've been at the V festivals with the whole Scooby Gang (Jim, Paul, Chuz et al)

6 comments:

J.J said...

I was really enjoying your list until I read Stranger on the Shore reminds you of your grandad whilst it reminds ME of my first boyfriend!!!

Nat said...

Ah yes...

I can't help it, he reminds me of my grandad!

I had the heartbeat christmas annual or something and grandda said that he loved that song....therefore for ever after, always known as 'song that granddad loved'!

Thank god he didn't say he loved the spice girls before he died eh? I'd have had no end of embarassement!

Ask my ma!!?

H x said...

Ooh Tori! That is a fab Tori track. in fact the whole album is flipping fantabulous. Holds very mixed emotions for me though because it reminds me of a v v great friend of mine (Esteban), waking up every morning at uni (i had it as my alarm) and Bobby dying(for those not in the know Bobby was my grandpa. Yes. Very mixed feelings. But have also now decided that Happy Phantom is to be played at my funeral - along with Bitch by Meredith Brooks :) I don't think Bebe (again, for those not in the know, Bebe is my Grandmother)would approve!

Holly said...

great choices!!

Nat said...

H, Bobby was fabulous. Is it wrong to think that I thought of him as my own grandpa? (I was missing one after all!)

(I know I could never take him away from you. I still refer to them all as my surrogate grandparents though!)

(I love Este too! Send him my love)

Bebe is cool. She would love you if you dyed your hair green and proclaimed Jonny Rotten as your own personal God! After all she lets your brother live with her from time to time!

(Although I do remember one night a long long time ago when she told of the time when she didn't approve of Z marrying R? All because of a fur coat I believe? Can you remember the story? I was too young to remember such tosh!)

Nat said...

There was one section missing..

Song that twangs the homesickness strings:

KT Tunstall, Other Side Of The World

(for obvious resons!)