Thursday, August 25, 2005

Birthday Knickers!!


Yippee, it's my birthday today. Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday... etc etc. I'm twenty nine. Thats almost grown up. I will have to start bucking my ideas up from next year (well there's no need to rush these things!)

I've been feeling all popular because every time I go to my letter box there is another parcel for me. I've been pretty good. I only got tempted the once when Shazza told me what was in her pressie to me. I have to admit that I ripped that package open and tried to extract the CD's without coming across the other stuff in there! I have been bouncing around to the sweet sweet tones of the Kaiser Chiefs all week! Thanks bird.

(Pic shows Fi Fi, Jill, Shazza, Mel, Heather, Audra and moi in Club Tropi in Abdn)

Anyway, this morning I decided that I couldn't ignore my hangover any more and got up to make a cup of tea and destroy all the neatly wrapped parcels on my sofa. Sparkle, bless her, has decided to invest in M&S by the looks of things. I received ten pairs of fancy pants, each one in a different colour with sparkly bits and pictures and flowers and ribbons and buttons sewn on them. My friend Heather also sent me funky knickers with piccies and diamantes on. Am fair obsessed with groovy underwear so it was a good birthday for me.

My ma also sent me a CD by a guy called Seth Lakeman. He has been shortlisted for the mercury music prize. He's made an album of folk/rock/acoustic songs inspired by Dartmoor. He's fab, my new obsession in fact. However will probably get really home sick listening to it which is what Sparkle intended by sending it to me!!

And do I hear you ask what pressie my dear Davo gave me? For those of you that don't really know Dave, he is King of the practical stuff. In the past few years I have received no less than: a pink iron, a feather duster, a brabantia kitchen bin, a funky light up kettle and a dyson hoover! He does also give me good stuff to soften the blow but the funny presents are always the best! This year he has outdone himself. I received a fabulous luminous flyswot gun! Perfect for those flipping nasty mossies which come out of nowhere to suck my blood and reduce me to a blotchy mess. It takes a bit of practise but I am pleased to announce that last night I managed to send two whole mossies off to mossie heaven!

So far it's been a good birthday but am off to work now which is a bugger. This is the first time I've had to work on my birthday. I know I won't be treated like a princess there so I would much rather sit at home drinking tea and eating timtams! I just hope my patients are wellish because they won't get any tea and sympathy from me today!!

4 comments:

Sparkle said...

Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday dear Fairy Princess Natalie, Happy Birthday to you. I wanted to call you but can't find your phone number and I am not sure if your e mail's are playing up. I hope you have had a lovely day and you are feeling as special as you are. Love you loads and loads, Mummy Sparkle x x x x x x x x x x x x x x
My I can't believe it my little Fairy Princess is 29 today how OLD am I ?

shazza said...

hi babe, glad that you liked your parcel, thought the tea towel might add that something special to your collection!!!! have some more cds to copy and send now i know i wont get arrested for sending counterfeit cds through the post!!! hope you had a great day and that work wasnt too bad. i did send a happy birthday text hope you got it before work. take care babes love you lots xxxxxx

Nat said...

Mama, will email you my number but have just spent the afternoon at work. Working on your b'day feels so common! Will definately request the day off next year!
Shaz, loved the tea towel (as did Davo). Am going to start collecting them. Want to have tea towels from all over the world! I did find out that ALL of my post gets checked. They scan everything and open stuff when they're feeling nosey!! My pressie from Heather got opened but they re-sellotaped everything and left me a calling card!

Nat said...

Stop being horrible to me Jimbo or I'll rename my car to favour your brother only!! xx