Monday, August 01, 2005

House Share


I think I've got a lodger. Countless times I have been woken in the middle of the night with the paralysing fear that someone is in our house. Finally the other evening when we were watching tv, something in our roof starting scampering across the loft floor. It then sat above my head scratching his ear. I think (or hope) that it's a possum but Dave says it could be a rat. A flipping large rat if it is. Not sure whether am more or less scared now.

One of my patients says to put a banana up into the loft and if it goes by the next day then it is sure to be a possum. However that still poses the problem of me actually voluntarily climbing up into the loft with the possible rats, spiders and cockroaches all waiting to pounce on me! Oh well, I guess that's another job for Dave!!

No comments: