Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Efficiency Is My Middle Name

Today as I sat back and surveyed all that I own I thought to myself...

'Oh my, Natalie, you are a hard working bugger. Your house is immaculate, the dishes are all washed and sparkling, the washing is flapping in the breeze, the bills have all been dutifully paid, my shoes have been placed in order according to season, heel height and colour, the plants have been watered and lovingly cooed over and a boyfriend has been sent off to work with a freshly cut lunch and home made muffins in his rucksack. All this and you still manage to look gorgeous all the while holding down a full time and periodically stressful job'.

(psst, I lied about the lunch for Dave, poor bastard doesn't even get a freshly ironed shirt out of me without a grumble!)

Oh well, I guess I had better crack on with writing my presentation that was due a week ago but completely forgotten about seeing as it was scheduled for April sometime. How am I supposed to know it's already April unless somebody tells me? At my exasperation, the presentation has been put back to this Thursday!

I have the title of the presentation. It's about Testicular Cancer. Obviously a subject to be treated with grave seriousness and intelligence.

It's called "Testicular Cancer... It's all a load of bollocks"

I work better under pressure!

8 comments:

shazza said...

nat i was the link nurse on our ward for testicular cancer, i would scan and send the stuff i had except some nice person nicked my folder from the ward!!!! i did however spend a good 5 mins fondling a prosthesis the other night!! i thought it was stress ball sitting in the doctors room!!! apparently the are really expensive so we threw it around at each other for a while!!! and i have to say they are very small!!!!!

H x said...

Cleaning and sorting instead of doing a presentation or essay is not just the useful avoidance tactic that many people assume it is you know. It is actually vital time that your brain requires to mull over all the information subconciously before the last-minute, night-before stress can actually stick it all together into the finished masterpiece. Fact. Don't let anybody tell you different. :)

H x

Holly said...

good luck on the presentation...I work better under pressure too. I got through school by doing last minute cramming revision, going to bed with french tapes on thinking it would help!

Sparkle said...

Nat are you efficient now? goodness it can't be my training can it? I will never be efficient not in a month of Sundays. Love ya loads SPARKLE XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Nat said...

shaz, Wish I'd known that before i had to trawl through hundreds of useless websites! Only joking, I found enough crap to keep me going anyway.

h, I totally agree for it did do me the world of good and I found all the right words when I was hoovering.

Moo, Ta, it went ok. There's nothing like a cbit of cramming to get you through. i was sat in my break reading through all my tatty notes trying to remember certain facts so I wouldn't get myself lost during it. Dave found me a lovely picture of cancerous testes which was the first slide on my show. It set the scene somewhat!

Ma, NEVER! Can only remotely resemble a proper wife when I have assignments due. You know me better than that. I completely ignored the bathroom so there is hair all over the floor from cutting my fringe and the sink is covered in toothpaste! See? I've not changed.

Holly said...

Toothpaste in the sink...thats my trick oh and hair in the shower where it has come out and I have stuck it to the wall! I am so disgusting!! `

Nat said...

Moo, I DO THAT TOO! I actually rake through my hair and slap the rogue hair strands against the wall so I can clear it up later!

Better that than to have to pull it out of the plug hole at a later date!

Holly said...

Yippe I'm not abnormal!!