Sunday, September 04, 2005

Gerrofff my laaand!

WoooooHooooooo. We've just clinched the deal of my life! We've bought land and signed for a house to be built! In true Natalie style, I left us mere hours to decide on the land, sign and put a deposit down on it and then rush to the builders to decide, sign and put down a deposit for a fantabulous house.

God, I hope I made the right decision!

Our land is in Beeliar (ten minutes from the heart of Freo and all its marvellous drinking establishments) and has ocean views (unless the people building in front us decide to be greedy and build a two storey house and obscure our wonderful view). We can see right the way to the islands on the horizon. It's 578 m2 which isn't a bad size so that means we can have room for a jacuzzi and possibly a pool too. Yippee, can fulfil my lifes ambition to become a water baby.

Our house will be gorgeous, dahling. It has four bedrooms with an ensuite (avec corner bath) to the master b'room, walk in wardrobes, living room, dining room, theatre room (de rigeur these days), alfresco eating area, double garage and laundry room. It's being built by New generation (the plans here are not quite the same cos I've changed everything around!!) and the builder is so helpful and nice and just a little bit of a dish. I knew it would be a problem Dave sending me on my own to organise the stats and extras! I just agreed to everything! Oops.

We go to pre-start (check me out Tanky, two minutes in and I'm a professional. Dunno what you're talking about. It's as easy as pie!) in 16 weeks and then comes the fun stuff...

...the deciding of the colours, flooring, tiles, roofing, bricks and where all the leccy sockets go (well, the last one can be Dave's job all except for my hairdryer and straightner socket in the bathroom!) After that I have been led to believe that whhhoosshh, the house will be built like a scene from Wonderwoman where she saves some poor old bloke about to fall off a cliff and simultaneously rescues his pet jack russell from his burning car. All in sped up time! Da daaah, all ready to move into and to start buying puppy dogs to fill each of the empty bedrooms.

Well, I'm not going to fill them up with babies am I?

Am starting to get visions of Dave and me rocking up to the site to lend a hand wearing dungarees and blundys and sharing our vegemite sandwhiches with the other workers. It seems far to bourgeoisie to expect people to build our house and us not help. Shaz, move over here quick and I'll get Mikey a job as an apprentice. Tell him he'll be a millionaire cos that is probably not that far from the truth!

Am also getting carried away with all the plants I'll be planting in my garden. If I had my way the garden would be a stink with jasmine, honeysuckle, roses, lemon scented gum trees and lavender. It would also be awash with colour from the jacaranda trees, hibiscus, bottle brush, chili plants, lime trees, mango trees and olive trees. Not going to have enough room for my beloved pool at this rate!

Something has just dawned on me. Think I may have made a mistake. Have realised there will now be a hundred million rooms to clean! How did I agree to this? Bugger, bugger, bugger!

2 comments:

shazza said...

so you are definately staying then chick! you've gone all responsible on me!!! good luck it sounds like heaven. keeping my fingers crossed for a lottery win or word from the chamber of commerce and industry in WA whatever comes first!!!!

Sparkle said...

You don't need to clean the rooms you are living the high life now so the only way forward is a maid Devonshire of course and a gardener. You couldn't possibly clean the house your self Princess Natalia of Elburtonia could you? I didn't bring you up to cook, clean or garden did I ? If I did I was slipping the Fairy Princess was entrusted to me to teach her how to grow up properly and I couldn't bear to think I have let her down, Please tell me this is not so? Love you x x x x x x