Friday, September 23, 2005

Things I love about this place....


  1. The stars are muddled (well that had to be first, right?)
  2. I get to hang out on beaches like the above! (my local beach for local people...)
  3. The water goes down the plughole the wrong way (which means my blood swirls the wrong way! Cause of jetlag, discuss?)
  4. I have lizards basking on my garden wall
  5. It's sunny for 300 days of the year but actually the sun shines a little bit for the other 65 days too!
  6. The Boost Juice Banana Smoothies
  7. People are friendly when you enter a shop (admittedly I took this as a sign that they considered me a 'lifting' possibility but I got over that! They really are just friendly)
  8. Most of the roads are in a straight line which alongside my new automatic car means there are far more arms to be 'airguitaring' along Canning Highway than before!
  9. Every pub delights in their 'Pub Band'. A tradition lost in Blighty but still going strong here amongst the piss heids!
  10. Alcoholism is postively encouraged! (and the wine is soooo cheap!)
  11. I am privvy to a whole new music culture (my fave being the spazzys)
  12. I have categorically NEVER seen a fanged spider/bat/snake/child. (it really is a myth!)
  13. I can get bikini sunburn marks in mid winter!
  14. The satay chicken jaffle pies......mmmmm
  15. The fact I can see the bottom when I swim in the ocean (am still afeard of the seaweed!)
  16. The electricity poles are made out of real trees with all the twists and notches still intact!
  17. The footy players here are far far hotter then anything Blighty's soccer stars could produce (and the rules state that you can punch someone in the face and then rip their shirt off! Probably. Well in my version anyway)
  18. Everything is cheaper. (I still have money left over by the day before payday. That hasn't happened since 1993 for me!)
  19. Oh and we get paid fortnightly which is in fact.... genius.
  20. We have dolphins and whales frolicking in the ocean just metres from the beach.

6 comments:

Holly said...

Update on the blind date! Didnt go very well fortunately for me! Turns out that after 2 days of chatting he decided to tell me that he had a girlfriend and a baby that happened to be born whilst we were in communication with each other! What a muppet! So needless to say i dont hear from him very often anymore!
Sparkle is very stressed at the moment but im trying to keep her out of trouble - which as you know is very difficult!
Loving your blog by the way, you are so funny! You should make these blogs into a book or something!
Must go and see what sparkle is up to!
Take care xx

Holly said...

oh if you had forgotten, this was the blind date from sparkles dating agency - geordie bloke! And Sparkle has decided to close the dating agency ... for a while anyway!

Nat said...

Noooooo! tell her that she needs to keep the agency open but do more vetting of the blokes.

Geordie guy sounds like a bit of a shit. Bugger. I'll see what I can do for you from this end of the world?

Fancy a surfer?

Holly said...

Surfer sounds good! But noone who is too laid back though! I'll tell you who does sound nice though is spunky trunks! Anyway let me know how it goes!

Nat said...

Spunky Trunks is gooorrgeous. He comes highly recommended!!

However he has a girlfriend but am sure that won't be a problem....will it spunky?

shazza said...

what can i say!!! it sounds wonderful!, keith seed the director of trade says its paradise! heaven on earth, as i sit at my computer dreading having to go to work and look after 19 sick people singlehandedly looking out my window at cold grey wet aberdeen. i cant wait!!! nat get ready we are coming!!!!