Friday, October 14, 2005

Eek, Exercise.


Well I did it. I actually cycled to work, worked a eight and a half hour shift and then cycled home.

Think I will collapse now....

I worked out that it's a twenty kilometre round trip. I have no idea what that is in old money! That makes me feel all fit and twenty year old like. I took the long way home by the river as it's prettier and therefore more likely to make me peddle faster. The soundtrack was Jamiroquai 'Dynamite' and I got all jiggly on a couple of the very disco-esque tracks. I got caught singing along to 'feels just like it should' including the 'urh urh urgh urh urgh urh eurgh's'! An old couple coming out of the bushes (what were they doing in there?) stumbled onto the pathway just in front of me as I was reaching my 'sugar spice' crescendo. I'm not sure who was embarrased more. Luckily I could peddle furiously away from them before my gears slipped and I almost fell off in front of a group of teenage boys (where do all these people come from on a Friday afternoon?).

The rest of the ride passed uneventfully apart from being sky-dived by an angry starling. It wouldn't leave me alone for at least 200 metres and was pecking at my pony tail and tshirt. I think he wanted to kill me. Maybe I ate his cousin or something?

And the bastard hill? Piece of cake. Didn't need the newsagent and didn't need the Oxygen tank I had secretly planted at the summit the night before!

4 comments:

H x said...

Yay! You are so good. And I've just been so bad. Well not sooooo bad... Maybe next time! Shhhh ;o)

H x said...

P.S. Just got my calculator out. 20K is 12.428 miles. VG. X

Sparkle said...

Well done , especially the riding home after the shift. You are going to be so fit when I see you next. Love you loads. Sparkle x x x x x x
p.s. Didn't like the snake he was scarey do you think he was called Andy ?

Nat said...

12.428 miles eh? Well I had better remember that so as to impress everyone I meet! I'm fitter than I thought! Thanks honey.

Ma, won't be fit as am supplementing new healthy active lifestyle with Gin! Snake was probably Andy in disguise. He was a little snake after all!
...fang.... he he. I geddit!