Thursday, October 13, 2005

Oh. My. Dear. God!







Apparently they aren't myths after all! These pics come courtesy of Davo. He tells me that they came from a friend of his and therefore are very real! I still haven't figured out if he's having me on or not!

According to Dave this poor wee snakey was eating a farmers sheep and then had accidentally caught his over large, post-sheep rampaging gut in an electric fence. Some tourists came across the 'thing' getting constantly electrocuted and getting angrier by the minute.

Now here comes the stupid bit. They thought it would be a nice thing to cut him loose and send in on his way in a kind of 'Born Free' tear jerker moment. Hmmm, me thinks I would have let the bugger starve to keep getting jerked around in the manner of David Byrne from Talking Heads, by the intermittant leccy fence.

The farmer was allegedly furious with the tourists! (Quite right too.) All Dave keeps saying is that he isn't poisonous, just a poor python. I say anything with teeth like that needs to be in a zoo not in public!

Am all of a sudden taken back four months of progress with all things creepy crawly!

4 comments:

shazza said...

nat darling,that thing is the same thing as my dad has in the glass case in the dining room, remember!!!! ok chats not as big or as angry but still the same kind of snake!! not that i am entirely ok with any kind of reptiles!!!!! will have to work out how to cut and paste so that i can show my dad, he will be thrilled!!!

Nat said...

But did you see it's teeth? The one in your dads living room isn't nearly as scary. He only eats mice!
Will email it to you anyway.

Nat said...

And it has a whole sheep in its belly. x

Spunky Trunks said...

Your man Davo is wise in the way of snakes. I read that poisonous snakes have no fangs. Hmmmm, that looks untrue in this case.

Only 20% of snakes are poisonous!

I would have set him free too.

xxxx