Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Ohm...ohm...ohm (bugger this, it ain't working!) ARRRGGHHH!

Now I don't want to come across as a patchouli wearing hippy (however I am sitting at this very moment swirling my tinkly chinese healing balls and listening to Folk music- Sethy Babes Lakeman rocks my push bike!!) but I do feel that I have to bring the tragic 'retro-news' to the masses

... man!

Cosmetic companies are STILL testing products on little fluffy bunny rabbits and poor doe eyed puppies! How dare they desecrate our furry wild life?

Here is a comprehensive list of those companies that squirt eye-makeup remover into the blood shot eyes of caged animals (you'd do well to avoid the blood stained eyeshadows and moisturisers..please?):

  • Calvin Klein Cosmetics
  • Clairo
  • Cover Girl
  • Johnson and Johnson
  • L'Oreal
  • Maxfactor
  • Nivea
  • Olay
  • Pantene
  • Rimmel
  • Sally Hansen
  • Shiseido cosmetics
  • Vidal Sasoon

And the best? Donna Karan. They have a 'no animal testing' policy but however just cannot resist the lure of selling furs! Un petit hypocritical?

'why yes, dahling. Our furs are just delect-able. Yah, nearly forty-three chinchillas. Lunch? Oh, would lahve to, let me grab my eyeliner first. Test it on the fluffy-bunnies? Why no. Of caurse not. How dreadful. Oh, dahling, you are so funny. We're environmentally hip'...'oh, I do lahrve your stole dahling. Fox?'

..?

I thought we sorted this all out in the sixth form? Do we really have to go through the whole braiding our unkempt hair into teeny tiny plaits and flashing the v signs at everyone all over again? Besides my fashion sense was questionable back then and I really really can't go back to wearing stripy frayed shorts or bat wing embroidered blouses!

4 comments:

shazza said...

oh well thats me back to not washing my hair and wearing any war paint! how lovely i will look!! all of my miserable depressing 36 years no doubt!!!! i use pantene and rimmel!!!! i wash my kids hair with johnsons and remove my make up with baby lotion!!! whats a girl to do! then again where do urban decay stand nat?

Nat said...

Urban Decay=Way hey!!

They are fine. Of course they don't test. They don't need to. The eyeshadows cost a fortune!

Have just ordered the 'urb' off the internet. It's being shipped from Melbourne as they do not sell it in Perth and every time i go into an upmarket make up store and ask for urban decay the pouty blushered make-up (call) girls sneer down their noses and question me as to whether it is in fact a reputable company or not!

Anyhow, pantene is crap in this country. Gives you greasy hair! Rimmel is lined with Cocaine and the kids are too old to be still using Johnsons no more tears on them! Well maybe for Michael then....!

shazza said...

tell me what you want and i can get it from boots and post it across!!!! no pantene??????? what am i going to do????????? oh bugger it the kids and michael can use supermarket brands i dont care!!!!!

Nat said...

i found a list of good ones but it all seems so confusing now as companies like boots still test but of course they test on animals cos they make drugs. however i don't think they test makeup. the uk is pretty sound though. we have a ban there on any company testing on animals for makeup. it just means that the bigger ones just go overseas and test in vietnem or wherever!

I feel like a veggie, joss stick waving hippy!

When you get here you'll end up changing everything! everything smell different and works different. could be just the water though.