Saturday, October 22, 2005

Sparkle


Things Sparkle has done which should have mortally wounded my credibility but didn't:

  • Telling all of the hunky young guys who worked with her that I still hadn't been 'de-flowered' at a ridiculously old age (18)
  • On meeting Dave for the first time she presented us with matching tshirts. His had a picture of me in a love heart and mine had a picture of him in a love heart. The pictures were placed on the left side of the tshirt so as to 'connect the picture heart to the real heart'. Thank god Dave has a sense of humour. He insisted on wearing it for the entire weekend! I still have my tshirt which I wear to bed sometimes. Much to the digust of the boy!
  • Sending me to a famous choreographers dance workshop wearing a cheap copy of his famous dance fashion label. He spied the tshirt, threw a diva-esque strop and sent me to the back of the class! I never did get 'discovered' after that.
  • Telling me, aged 7, that I was a fairy princess given to her by the fairy queen. I believed her and told all of my friends who laughed in my face. She still to this day insists this story is true!
  • Convincing me to get my hair cut at the Vidal Sassoon cutting school and coming away with an 80's human league pink, black and shaved haircut which almost got me disciplinary action at work. However I grew to love it and my boss kept commenting on my lack of roots when I had been secretly colouring my roots! Thickies!
  • Stating that she thought that my lovely first boyfriend Jon had far too skinny legs to be son-in-law material. I thought I would love him for eternity. She was, of course, eventually right! Who could seriously allow a skinny-legged man into their life and beach side fantasies?
  • Making me 'perform' an impromptu tap dance for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. I wouldn't have minded so much but I was wearing a very flary dress circa 1991 and every time I spun around, the lecherous old geezers would wiggle their false teeth at me and wink in my pure and innocent direction!
  • Making me a fabulously Madonna-esque outfit for the school disco. It was the 80's and she made me a black satin skirt with fluorescent pink netted underskirt (There may well have been lace fingerless gloves. Have tried to blot out the whole incident!). My 'mate' Kerry came to walk with me to the disco and when I opened the door she proclaimed in a very sneery voice 'I'm not going to the disco with you looking like that!'. Of course I don't blame Sparks now for she has so much more fashion sense than Kerry ever had (even though she ended up being a 'fashion mo-delle'....in New Zealand...the fashion capital of the world....for sheep!!)
  • Insisted that I arrive at the Plymouth Hoe dressed in Fishnets and a leotard (in broad daylight, for god sakes!) to tap dance for Roy Castle as he was travelling Blighty with his Cancer Research bandwagon-type roadshow. We didn't dance for him due to lack of time but I did get a very fabulous ride in a hot air balloon (still in my fishnets and leotard!).

However I love her to bits. Could you imagine having a normal mum? How boring!!

8 comments:

Holly said...

Hi Natalie, I love the story of the fairy princess, Sparkle is always telling me that one! Bless she means well!
Sparkle tells me your old tap teacher was Mr Storoka...not sure if thats how you spell his name! Anyway, I too used to have tap lessons with him, he used to scare the shit out of me with his long stick and I just remember if he told you to shuffle, you shuffled until he told you to stop!! Memories!!

Hope your ok. x

shazza said...

nat your mummy loves you. i wish i had a mummy like her. she is wonderful, loving and caring. you are a very lucky girl.

Spunky Trunks said...

The Fairy Princess one is true.

And as for not being deflowered at 18 that is a boon to credibility amongst the men. I bet they were queueing up to fight for the chance to woo you.

Sunday night!!!!!! Monarch of the Glen!!!! Nooooooooo!!!!!!!

Hcycvjx - A small south american feline predator with pointy furry ears

Sparkle said...

I can honestly say I love my little Fairy Princess with all of my heart, you are and always will be the most precious girl to me. I know how special you are and yjay definitely deserves The Fairy Princess title. I didn't make the disco outfit either I bought it in Tammy Girl and the fake tee shirt that wasn't my fault how did I know that idiot was going to choose that for his logo. I love you sweetheart x x x x Sparkle p.s. I am absolutely definitely norman x x x x x

Sparkle said...

I just noticed my spelling mistake Norman instead of normal, something wierd happening to my fingers lately when I am typing. Anyway I remembered the supposedly top conman choreographer, Brian Rogers who you ask? Exactly no wonder there were fake tee shirts made he probably stole their design. He can't have been much cop anyway as he failed to recognise the Talent in my tap dancing many times championship winner Fairy Princess !! He is a has been or never was been. Love you Sparkle x x x x x x x x x x x x

Nat said...

Ma, I love you to pieces. I wouldn't swap you for the world.

Shaz, I keep telling you, you can also have her for your mum. She's already taken Holly as her own!

Holly, look after her for me. Who knows what kinds of trouble she is capable of getting herself into!

Spunky, I really want to go away on safari with you. The animals in Spunky land sound incredible!!

izuaax- A fat knee-ed reptile thing with a blue tongue?

Sparkle said...

Everybody I will adopt the lot of you because you are all Fairy Princesses, sorry Spunky and a Fairy Prince of course, you can all come join me in Sparkle Land whenever you fancy escape from the humdrum reality of the real world. My number one Fairy Princess tends to bring out the need to be Sparkle me so I haven't been going to Sparkle Land quite so much since May. You are all very special to my number one Fairy Princess therefore special to me as well. I love you all Sparkle the Fairy Queen. Sorry Natalie the secret is out now I am the Fairy Queen so that means, you guessed it you are my true daughter. Love you so very much Sparkle x x x x p.s. I love all my new adopted Princesses and Prince Spunky too.

shazza said...

sparkle you are fab!!! i keep telling nat how lucky she is, although i am sure that she knows this already!!!! she loves ya heaps. thank you i will take the honoury title of one of your fairy princess with much love xxx